• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #5


Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper



Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Summary:
A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.







Why it's on my wishlist...
When Across the Universe first came out I wasn't really all too keen on reading it because it didn't sound like something I would enjoy.  However, after reading a number of glowing reviews I feel like I should give it a chance.


What are you wishing for?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, I thought I read somewhere that is was about aliens, and it totally turned me off. Seems like it's gonna be one of those you either love or hate, no in between. Thanks for posting!

http://redheaded-bookworm.blogspot.com/

The Avid Reader said...

This sounds like a good book. I have always liked to watch movies like Aliens or tv shows like Star Trek but I haven't gotten into reading about spaceships yet thought. Like you said maybe I need to go with the story itself not if it is syfy or not.

New Follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...