• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, March 9, 2012

Feature & Follow #3












Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.  

You can follow me via any of the following:
GFC, Linky, Networked Blogs
RSS or Email
Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads 
(all are located on the right sidebar)







This Weeks Question:
Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought, This is going to be horrible?  But, was instead pleasantly surprised?  Show us the cover and tell us about the book.



Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

Upon picking this book up the cover wasn't bad, kinda pretty right, then I flipped it over and read the summary. I honestly didn't think I would like it.  Not a huge fan of cheating and all that goes along with it.  But, I had read rave reviews about it and I really like all of Lauren Barnholdts other books, so I thought I would give it a shot.  In the end I understood why it happened and how it came to be.  I learned that sometimes things do happen that you try to control, but end up giving into at the very last second.  I don't want to give too much away by getting into all the nitty gritty details of this book, but there are some decisions that each of the three characters' made that had they done differently, could have changed the ending.



Have you read a book you thought was going to be horrible but turned out to be really great?



2 comments:

Stepping Out of the Page said...

I don't think that cover is all that bad - it wouldn't have put me off it. Great answer though, Doodle!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Stephanie
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my International Giveaway of 3 books, a journal, bookmarks and more!

Sarah said...

I don't mind this cover that much I've definately seen worse, new follower, here's mine

http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...