• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, May 11, 2012

Feature & Follow #10





Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.  

You can follow me via any of the following:
GFC, Linky, Networked Blogs
RSS or Email
Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads 
(all are located on the right sidebar)







This Weeks Question:
This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

I actually had to go through a list of books I've read to think about this one because most of the books I've read either leave the mother out or the child has no relationship with their mother.  The only two books/series I've found are Significance by Shelly Crane and Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter.



In Significance Caleb is really close with everyone in his family because what he is.  As he forms his relationship with Maggie, his mom not only becomes the mother she's always needed, but someone she can go to to talk about anything.  She supports Maggie and listens to her fears and accepts her as her daughter.

Psst...if you didn't already know, this is like my favorite series ever!  You should definitely check it out!!   
So *swoon* worthy!




In the Gallagher Girls series, Cammie's mom is the headmistress at her school, but that doesn't mean she can't be both a mother and the one overseeing everyone's education.  She makes time for Cammie every Sunday for their weekly dinners, even though she can't cook, and she is always available if she is needed.  She not only acts like a mother to Cammie, but to all the girls.







What are your favorite books with a strong mother/child relationship?
If you have a blog, leave your link.
If not, let me know in the comments.



21 comments:

Anonymous said...

*New Follower! I’ve yet to read either of these! But I’ve already seen Ally Carter’s book as an answer tonight!! I must read!!

My FF: What I Read Yesterday
Join my 2012 Teen Top Ten Reading Challenge!

Patricia said...

I haven't read the Callaghar series yet, but I always thought her mother would be rather crappy, to be honest. XD It's part of the reason why I haven't read the books yet. Argh. Now that I know better I'll have to read the series!

Patricia // My Hop

Doodle said...

Thanks for visiting and for the follow!
Both series are great! :)

Doodle said...

Her mother is kinda cool actually. Besides the not being able to cook part, but there aren't cooking classes in spy school.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Abria said...

It's kind of sad that parents don't play a larger role in fiction, isn't it? But I guess if all these YA protagonists were properly parented, they wouldn't have the freedom to get up to all their exciting adventures.

New GFC follower. My FF.

Doodle said...

lol! How true is that!
Thanks for stopping by & for following!
:)

Anonymous said...

I love Gallagher Series!! I must read the lastone out !! Great choiceee!

Im a new blogger! Glad to meet knew readers!
Following ^.^

my FF post

Valery • The Book Of Owl's

Doodle said...

Out of Sight, Out of Time was great! I know some people were disappointed, but I felt like because we got some answers, the lack of action and what we usually find in a Gallagher Girls book was acceptable.

Thanks for the follow!
:)

T said...

I didn't think about Caleb and his Mom in Significance! But I did love the way the entire family kind of embraced Maggie as one of them immediately!

Great choice!

My FF Post

Jennifer said...

I've heard such great things about Significance and the Gallagher Girls. I'll definitely check them out soon. Great answer.

Old follower.

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-25-and-tgif-14.html

Unknown said...

I haven't read these, have a great weekend.

http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow.html

Doodle said...

Significance is my all time favorite!
Thanks for stopping by!

Doodle said...

Read Significance first!!

Thanks for stopping by!
:)

Doodle said...

You too! Thanks for stopping by!

Sophie said...

Great picks, I've been seeing the Gallagher Series everywhere. Worth the read? Following you now. Take a peak at my FF?

Doodle said...

I really enjoyed the series, so I think it is definitely worth taking a look at.
:)

Reading Kelly said...

I haven't read either of these series. I'm going to have to look into them. You can see my FF post here
Happy reading!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the gallagher girls series is so fun! have a great weekend!

Doodle said...

Read Significance first. Absolute favorite series ever!
:)

Doodle said...

Thanks you too!

Catie said...

I haven't read these yet but Gallagher Girls sounds good.

new follower :)
My FF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...