• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wishlist & Waiting on Wednesday #24





Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper



Creatura by Nely Cab


Summary:
When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decidesto confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity. The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figment of her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his words to contest by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes. It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten. In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Isis Martin's journey is sure to leave any reader ravenous for more.



Why it's on my wishlist...
I found Creatura about two months ago after a friend on Goodreads recommended it to me. I read the summary and thought it sounded intriguing. Needless to say I found a new book that I can't wait to read.


What's on your wishlist?







Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

by Janci Patterson


To Be Released on October 2, 2012

Summary:
Ricki’s dad has never been there for her. He’s a bounty hunter who spends his time chasing parole evaders—also known as “skips”—all over the country. But now since Ricki’s mom ran off, Ricki finds herself an unwilling passenger in a front-row seat to her father’s dangerous lifestyle.

Ricki’s feelings get even more confused when her dad starts chasing seventeen-year-old Ian Burnham. She finds herself unavoidably attracted to the dark-eyed felon who seems eager to get acquainted. But Ricki thinks she’s ever in control—the perfect manipulator. Little does she know that Ian isn’t playing their game by her rules.

Why I'm waiting:  
Chasing the Skip sounds nothing like anything I've ever read before and for that reason, I must try it.


What are you waiting for?



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chasing Skip sounds fun. I love bounty hunters like Stephanie Plum. Would be something to fall for the guy your father was trying to bring in! I've never heard of Creatura but it sounds different.
My WOW

Becky said...

I like the sound of both of these books especially Chasing Skip. Thanks for sharing.

My WoW

Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I like the tree on the first cover. Great picks!

Grace Fonseca said...

New follower. I like the design of your blog. Your picks are both brand new to me. Come visit me as well.

Grace

mk said...

I hadn't heard of your WOW pick but it sounds good. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
Come check out my WOW post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...