• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Thursday, September 20, 2012

{Review} Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins




Anna and the French Kiss 
by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher:  Dutton
Pages:  372
Source:  Purchased
Available as of December 2, 2011
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Fishpond
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



Rating:


My Review:
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I was at Stephanie Perkins mercy after reading page one. Anna and the French Kiss was witty and funny and I loved every minute I spent reading. I was so in love that I stayed up reading until 6am because I couldn't put it down. 

Anna is sent to Paris for her senior year of high school. Being pulled from one school and put into another school is hard, but it's even harder when that school is in a different country. After her parents leave her that first night, she cries, missing home and realizing that she's on her own now. Only, she isn't on her own. The girl next door, Meredith, hears her crying and offers her an easy friendship. Then she meets him: Etienne St. Clair.

I hate that I waited so long to read Anna and the French Kiss. It was so well-written and I fell in love with Anna, Etienne, and the story. I found myself laughing frequently and I actually sat the on the edge of my seat waiting to see how it would end. I was enthralled and could barely put it down when my eyes were begging for sleep. The setting was perfect and The City of Lights was described in such amazing detail.

Anna is so sweet and funny. She reminded me of my best friend. Etienne is this dreamy, swoon worthy American with a French name and an English accent. He is sweet and down-to-earth. I'm so in love with them both.

Overall, I'm so upset with myself for not reading Anna and the French Kiss sooner. It pulled at my heart and it is the perfect read if you need your spirits lifted. Amazing. I highly recommend this book!




6 comments:

Kyra said...

I'm glad you loved it! I actually won it in a giveaway a couple of months ago and I'm going to try to get to it soon! Great review :D

Ntzee said...

Great review! This book has been on my TBR list for a long time. Now its just the matter of getting myself a copy. lol

Liesel K. Hill said...

Awesome review! I'll TBR it! Thanks! :D

Alison Can Read said...

So happy you finally got to Anna. It's one of those books that you really can't help but love.

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

Oh gosh....now I have to bump this book up my TBR list. Thanks a lot. It's HUGE you know. What am I to do.

Although...right now I am having trouble figuring out how an English-American-French accent might sound like! That should be interesting to read about!

Toodles Doodle's!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful review! I've been wanting to read this book for so long! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...