• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Saturday, September 29, 2012

{Review} Entangled by Nikki Jefford




Entangled 
by Nikki Jefford
Publisher:  Self-Published
Series: Spellbound (#1)
Pages:  149 PDF
Source: PDF courtesy of Nikki Jefford in exchange for a fair and honest review
Available as of February 20, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble



Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body.

Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-four hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend.

The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.

Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.



Rating:


My Review:
Entangled has to be one of the best books about witches that I've ever read. Nikki Jefford created an enchanting plot and a fantastic set of characters.

What do you do when you wake up in your twin sisters body? First, you go to school like you normally would. Then, you get called insane. That's what happens when you get out of bed and think all is well in the world. Finally, you realize you only live every other day. Sharing a body isn't easy, especially when your being told who to hand out with and what to wear by the bodies owner.

I loved the characters because they were all so different. Graylee, the twin that dies and the main character, is sweet to everyone, kinda quiet, and tends to keeps to herself. Her sister, Charlene, is pure evil, but incredibly popular. Then you have Raj, the bad boy who likes Gray but can't admit it to her. Lastly, Nolan, the sweet boy who helped Gray unblock her powers.

How many different ways can I describe how much I loved this book. It was exciting, enticing and thrilling. I never wanted to put it down. The plot was unique and unlike anything I've read before. I was on the edge of my seat dying to know how it would end. But what I loved moved was that there wasn't a cliffhanger. It did however leave me wondering how the next book would pan out. 

Overall, Entangled was an awesome read that left me wanting more. If you love books about withes and want something different and unique, give it a shot. It won't disappoint. 




FTC Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.  I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.  

7 comments:

selkiereads said...

Oh, I think I have a copy of this book! Definitely going to try and read it because of your great review :)

- Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

C.J. said...

Nikki is fantastic and I haven't read this yet only because my TBR list is a mess. however, I'm so glad you did and I love your review! Witch books are awesome, and it's nice to see some praise for this.

CJ
Sarcasm & Lemons

Anonymous said...

The cover reminds me of the Ice Queen from Narnia. Glad to hear that the insides are equally as captivating.

Elisabeth said...

After this arrived in my mailbox, I stared at it for days. That cover's just so darn pretty!

Angie said...

I thought this one was a lot of fun! It's definitely unique. I agree about the lack of cliffhanger, it was nice, but I was still curious what would happen next for the twins. :)

Sandy S. said...

Thanks for the review. This is on my TBR pile for the new year.

Penelope Sanchez said...

I totally loved this book! Nikki did an amazing job with introduction of characters and the entire flow of the book. I have read her Aurora Sky books and thoroughly enjoyed them. She has a gift of keeping you involved in her books. I will continue to read her works!

Penelope
Click Here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...