• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, August 3, 2012

{Review} Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand




Cold Blood
by Heather Hildenbrand
Series:  Dirty Blood (#2)
Publisher:  Accendo Press
Pages:  327
Source:  e-book courtesy of Heather Hildenbrand in exchange for a fair and honest review
Available as of November 22, 2011
Barnes & Noble | Amazon




Wood Point Academy is not at all what I expected. For one thing, it looks like a cross between military school and Buckingham Palace. Everyone stares, the floors shine so bright you can see your reflection in them from a mile away, and no one smiles. Unless they're kicking your butt in the process.

At least I've got plenty to take my mind off the fact that my psycho cousin, Miles De'Luca, keeps calling and declaring his love and promising to come for me just as soon as he's destroyed anyone standing in our way. Wes isn't going to like that idea. So between Miles, Wood Point's evil welcoming committee, and the drill sergeant hottie trainer from hell, I just keep asking myself, how did I end up here?



Rating:


This review may contain spoilers if you haven't read the first book in the series.
Dirty Blood



My Review:
Heather Hildenbrand caught my attention with Dirty Blood and I fell in love with the characters and the story. Cold Blood intensified my feelings for the old characters and quickly solidified my feelings for those introduced to Tara in her new school. 

Cold Blood picks up where Dirty Blood left off. Tara is being sent to Wood Point, a hunter school, against her will, to be trained. Little does she know that her new school only holds more danger than her life at home.

Tara is still her old self, just with a few minor adjustments. Wes is stuck at home preparing to become something he isn't read for, leaving Tara, to his displeasure, unprotected. Little does he know that his girlfriend is more than capable of handling herself, but it doesn't hurt to have her hot, new trainer, Alex, around.

I loved Cold Blood. Tara becomes self reliant and learns to properly fight, and run, all while sorting out some interesting tension between herself and the hottie trainer, Alex. She gets to room with a girl who loves to torment people younger than her and we learn just how strong Tara can be. Wes becomes a guy I couldn't stand to be with. Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing person and loves Tara, but what happened to phone calls and emails? After a few choice actions on his part, I lost some respect for him and joined Team Alex.  

Overall, Cold Blood was an awesome read that I highly recommend if you enjoyed Dirty Blood. If you haven't started the series and love wolves, you should definitely give it a shot! 





FTC Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.  I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.  

1 comment:

Heather Hildenbrand said...

thanks for such an awesome review! yay #teamAlex !! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...