• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, August 3, 2012

Feature & Follow #13











Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.  

You can follow me via any of the following:
GFC, Linky, Networked Blogs
RSS or Email
Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads 
(all are located on the right sidebar)







This Weeks Question:
Do your reading habits change based on your mood?
Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

Sometimes. I feel that I read more when I'm trying to avoid something/someone that will make my mood plummet. I guess you could call reading my coping mechanism. I throw myself into reading as a way to forget what's bothering me. Granted this may not be the best thing to do, but I get a lot of reading done. As for the genre based on mood, not really. I will read whatever can grab and hold my attention. If it doesn't have me on the edge on my seat, I avoid it and put off reading. 



What are your reading habits like?




7 comments:

T said...

I think this is a good answer - I never really thought about using reading as an escape mechanism, but I think I actually do that too!

Thanks for making me think, and happy Friday!

My FF this week

Unknown said...

Old Follower!

Yes, my reading habits tend to change. When I'm really mad or upset, I'll tend to just lay on the couch and read a book or two in that day.

Andrea @ Literary Getaway

Mary said...

Nice answer! I think it's great that reading can cheer a person up so much. :) New follower!

My FF
Mary @ Books Equal Brains!

Kyra said...

Great answer!

New GFC follower!

Here is my FF post: www.blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute blog! Just hopping through..

I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
Ashley @ #BookNerd

Cassi Haggard said...

That's a perfectly understandable coping mechanism!

My follow friday! Please read!

Crystal B. said...

Good answer! Just hopping through! New follower :D

Love the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...