• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

The Thing About the Truth
by Lauren Barnholdt


To Be Released on July 10, 2012


Summary:
In this humorous love story from the author of Two-Way Street, an unlikely romance is the best sort of surprise—but the wrong secret can ruin everything. Kelsey’s not going to let one mistake ruin her life. Sure, she got kicked out of prep school and all her old friends are shutting her out. But Kelsey’s focused on her future, and she’s determined to get back on track at Concordia High.

Isaac’s been kicked out of more schools than he can count. Since his father’s a state senator, Isaac’s life is under constant scrutiny—but Concordia High’s his last stop before boarding school, so Isaac’s hoping to fly under the radar and try to stay put for a change.

When Kelsey and Isaac meet, it’s anything but love at first sight. She thinks he’s an entitled brat, and he thinks she’s a stuck-up snob. So it surprises them both when they start to fall for each other. Kelsey’s happy for the first time in months, and Isaac’s never felt this way about anyone before...But nothing’s ever completely perfect. Everyone has secrets, and Isaac and Kelsey are no exceptions. These two may have fallen hard, but there’s one thing that can ruin it all: the truth.





Why I'm waiting:  
Lauren Barnholdt is one of my favorite Contemporary YA writers!  I have already pre-ordered this book because I fell in love with Sometimes It Happens, One Night That Changes Everything, and Two-Way Street.  I could read each of those books over and over again and never get bored!  The Thing About the Truth sounds amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it! 

What book are you waiting for?



12 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read any books from the author, but this book does sound amazing. I'm adding it to my TRB list right now! Great pick :)

Liza’s WOW

Unknown said...

I've heard good things about this author! Sounds like a cute read.
My WOW

Michelle Chew said...

Haven't read any books from the author. Seems good. :)

Here my WoW.

Unknown said...

Great pick! I love the synopsis. I haven't heard of this book, or the author. Can't wait to read this one. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia said...

Oh, I think the cover looks very sad. ;(

Patricia // My WOW

Patricia said...

I just got an ERROR Message so I hope this time the comment will be displayed. I like the sound of this book, though it also sounds very sad. ;_;

Patricia // My WOW

Unknown said...

I haven't heard about this one! Looks promising :) *adds to trb*

Elodie said...

I haven't read anything by Lauren Barnholdt but I've heard she writes great contemporary novels :) !! This one sounds really good, great pick ;) !

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I am not a huge contemporary fan..but this sounds good. Thanks for sharing it!
My WoW

Jamie Mariano said...

I've been dying to read Two Way Street for a while now! I've been obsessed with those "road trip" kinda stories haha. This one sounds like a nice contemporary read, great pick! :)

Here's my WoW

Megan at Book Brats said...

Such a pretty cover! I'll have to check this one out, even though I'm not into YA contemporary. Great pick!

Waiting on Wednesday at Book Brats!

Chey said...

This one's definitely on my wishlist. Great choice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...