• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, April 27, 2012

Feature & Follow #9






Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.  

You can follow me via any of the following:
GFC, Linky, Networked Blogs
RSS or Email
Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads 
(all are located on the right sidebar)









This Weeks Question:
Have you had a character that disappointed you?  One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book?  Tell us about him or her.

This is a really hard question to answer.  I've read a lot of different series, but none of the characters come immediately to mind.  Give me a minute to think.....


I guess if I really had to choose a character, it would be Finn from Amanda Hocking's Trylle Trilogy.  In Switched I loved Finn.  He was wonderful to Wendy and my heart was happy.  As the trilogy progressed he became an a**hat.  They had such an attraction to each other, but he kept leading her on.  Finally, when Wendy meets the guy she will spend the rest of her life with, he gets jealous.  Really?


So there you have it.  The only character I can think of that lost my respect.



Have you fallen out of love with a character?
If you have a post, leave your link.
If not, let me know in the comments.



11 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Ooh..great pick...i was having trouble picking one..since i typically dislike a character..then they grow on me

Abria said...

Everyone seems to have it in for Finn. Glad I didn't waste time with the series that seems to annoy so many.

New Networked Blog Follower. My FF. 

Doodle said...

Same here! I actually went through my list of books I read in the past year so I could pick a character. This was the only one I could think of.

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know when you post yours!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I just skimmed your answer because I've only read Switched. I want to read the others.
My Hop

thepamjelly said...

I've only read Switched. I'm curious about what will happen in the next two books!

Have a great weekend!
Pam | jelly loves books

Becky said...

This is second time I have seen this series appear. Oh dear! I'm not really sure what to make of Amanda Hocking anyway as I have read My Blood Approves and wasn't that impressed. Is this series worth it; with warning of the disappointing character? :)

New Follower

My FF

Obsession with Books said...

I haven't read this series as yet.

My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-27th-april.html

Have a great weekend, Sharon

T said...

I haven't read this series yet, but I have the first book waiting for me on my kindle from when it went on offer on Amazon! I'll let you know if I end up feeling the same!

Tara @ Hey, Tara

Patricia said...

I haven't read those books yet, but I *AM* planning to, because I already own the first one. v_v

Patricia // My Hop

Doodle said...

I really enjoyed this series. The characters were wonderful, but there are reasons for why Finn can't be with her, hence his a**hat-ness.

Thanks for stopping by!

zapkode.marie said...

{new follower here}

I am learning a lot about books I never knew existed here. Thank you for sharing.

{http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...