• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Saturday, February 11, 2012

{Review} Daphne and The Mysterious Girls Secret Bathroom Society by Robert Shields




Daphne and The Mysterious Girls Secret Bathroom Society
by Robert Shields
Publisher: Self Published
Source:  Kindred Dreamheart
Available as of December 19, 2011







Following years of persecution at the hands of Vivica Vance, Daphne Downing levels the playing field wielding her No. 2 Ticonderoga pencil as she belatedly enters the world of witchcraft. Daphne becomes part of the Mysterious Girls’ Secret Bathroom Society and finds out that the politics governing witchcraft are daunting and sometimes deadly. She realizes she is aligned with the Charmers in this political battle with the Spiters led by her nemesis, Vivica. Along the way, she discovers that witches do not perform magic or witchcraft but a differentiated form of physics that only some women have mastered. The story deepens as she learns about the long history of witches’ domination and annihilation of wizards.

Rating:

Before getting to my review, I would like to thank Katrina at Kindred Dreamheart for asking me to do a guest review of this book. Also, I have given this book a low rating but I will still encourage readers to seek this book out because everyone's opinion on a book is different.  


Review:
Daphne and The Mysterious Girls Secret Bathroom Society is a book I thought I might like seeing how it is young adult paranormal. I tried picking it up to read it multiple times throughout the past week but had a hard time getting past chapter four.

The characters introduced in the first few chapters had little substance to them. We got some background information, but never really figure out what kind of person each character was trying to be. Chapter one began with an incident in third grade then jumps to freshman year of high school in chapter two. This didn’t help the development of characters nor did it give us any more information as to the feud between Daphne and Vi.

I found the amount of obscene language used was unnecessary. This book could have benefited without the vulgarity, which was off-putting for me.

Overall, the I found the beginning of the book to be a letdown but could be just what someone else is looking for. If you would like to take a peek for yourself, I would recommend getting a nookbook sample from Barnes & Noble which will provide you with the first 10% of the books material.


1 comment:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Good review I think it's important to read good high and low rating reviews and I always encourage people to give things a try even if I didn't like the book myself. :) Was just stoping to say that you're taged as part of my chain http://turningthepagesx.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...