• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Sunday, February 26, 2012

{Review} Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter




Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
by Ally Carter
Series:  Gallagher Girls (#2)
Publisher:  Hyperion Book
Pages:  236
Source:  Self Purchased
Available as of October 2, 2007






Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school.



Rating:



This review contains spoilers if you haven't read the first book in this series. 



My Review:
Ally Carter has taken the spy world and used it to create another beautifully crafted book. I was hooked by just the summary and read this book quickly.  

Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey are back and determined to get through another semester at the Gallagher Academy. Cammie just had a debriefing with the CIA about her escapades from the previous semester and not only did she have to give Josh up, she is not allowed to see or speak to him again. All of her secret hideaways and passages are blocked and she is under more scrutiny then ever before.  Now the girls have to live with boys. They always thought there was a spy school for boys, now they know for sure. New characters are introduced in this book, like Zach, but I don't want to give anything away!  

This book was better than I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by a long shot. Yes, we no longer have Josh & Cammie's relationship to look forward to, but now the girls have a huge distraction, boys. The question is can they still pass all their classes and act when called on for a mission.

I loved this book. Cammie still needs help from her friends to crack a new code, living with and trusting boys. I remember when I was working on that code. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You and wants to read more about Cammie's spy life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...