• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wishlist & Waiting on Wednesday #28





Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper



Choker by Elizabeth Woods


Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Cara Lange has been a loner ever since she moved away from her best and only friend, Zoe, years ago. She eats lunch with the other girls from the track team, but they're not really her friends. Mostly she spends her time watching Ethan Gray from a distance, wishing he would finally notice her, and avoiding the popular girls who call her "Choker" after a humiliating incident in the cafeteria.

Then one day Cara comes home to find Zoe waiting for her. Zoe's on the run from problems at home, and Cara agrees to help her hide. With her best friend back, Cara's life changes overnight. Zoe gives her a new look and new confidence, and next thing she knows, she's getting invited to parties and flirting with Ethan. Best of all, she has her BFF there to confide in.

But just as quickly as Cara's life came together, it starts to unravel. A girl goes missing in her town, and everyone is a suspect—including Ethan. Worse still, Zoe starts behaving strangely, and Cara begins to wonder what exactly her friend does all day when she's at school. You're supposed to trust your best friend no matter what, but what if she turns into a total stranger?




Why it's on my wishlist...
I've read a number of reviews for Choker.
Most say it's good with a shocking ending and a gripping plot.
Needless to say, it was added to my TBR.



What's on your wishlist?










Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

by Lauren Morrill


To Be Released on November 13, 2012

Summary:
Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.


Why I'm waiting:  
First and foremost, this cover is gorgeous, colorful, and needs to be added to my shelves.
Second, the summary reminds me of Anna and the French Kiss and
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, both of which I loved.
Finally, I've read some pretty awesome reviews for this Meant to Be, which leads me to believe it's a must read.


What are you waiting for?



12 comments:

Unknown said...

I've wanted to read Choker for a long time too! Sounds creepy and very Single White Female. Also heard the ending is a bit shocking. Meant To Be sounds so fun and cute! Can't wait for that as well!
My WOW

Kyra said...

Choker sounds so amazing! Definitely going to order it from the Book Depository! :)

Drea Shane said...

Twisty plots with shocking endings make for an awesome book! I may have to add this to my TBR pile:)
Here's my WLW:
http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/17/wishlist-wednesday-15/
Cheers
Andrea

Unknown said...

Choker sounds great. And Meant To be is definitely on my wishlist. Nice picks..

Jenea @ Books Live Forever' WoW

biochemguy said...

Meant to Be sure has been popular lately! It isn't really in my usual array of genres but I might check it out anyway after so many recommendations! Thanks for sharing. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

Ula said...

Choker has such a pretty cover! I want it as well! Great picks :)


My WW
GIVEAWAY

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Meant to Be looks SO GOOD!!!! It was my WoW pick a while ago and I can't wait until it finally comes out. Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Elisabeth said...

I've said before that my wishlist is so freaking long I stopped adding book's to t. It's true!

*sigh* So many books, only one lifetime to read them all!

Anonymous said...

Omg I'm glad I read your WLW because this book sounds perfect to me! I will definitely put it on my TBR pile on Goodreads. Happy reading! Here's mine: https://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/wishlist-wednesday-2-beta/#comments

Leigh

Tiffany Drew said...

Two excellent choices, both are on my to-read list :)

My WoW

C.J. said...

Choker is going on my TBR list NOW. It sounds so good! I love creepy-people-do-mysterious-things books. Right up my alley.

C.J.
Sarcasm & Lemons

Unknown said...

Both sound really good, but I can't wait to read Meant to Be more! Choker's ending sounds great though :)

My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-1.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...