• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Thursday, October 4, 2012

{Review} My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent




My Soul to Take 
by Rachel Vincent
Publisher:  Mira Ink
Series:  Soul Screamers (#1)
Pages:  368
Source:  Puchased
Available as of January 1, 2011
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Fishpond
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



She doesn’t see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who’ll be next...



Rating:


My Review:
After seeing so many positive reviews and all the hype over the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent, I thought I would give it a go. I wasn't let down. If anything, I got way to into it.

Kaylee Cavanaugh has lived with her aunt and uncle since her father sent her to them when she was little. He used to be good about visiting and sending letters and presents, but it's been a year and a half since Kaylee heard from him. She thinks she's going crazy. Little does she know that it runs in the family.

I absolutely loved this story! Kaylee is honest, loyal, and quick witted. She has a big heart and knows when she's in over her head. Nash is the perfect guy. Seriously. He's attentive helpful, kind, caring and devoted. Oh so swoon worthy. 

My Soul to Take was well-written and kept me engrossed in the story line. I never wanted to put the book down, but reluctantly did when I had something to do. Kaylee and Nash made me laugh with their back and forth banter. I loved that Kaylee was really cautious when Nash entered her life. She wasn't easily swayed and I fell in love with her instantly for not giving her trust out so easily.

Overall, My Soul to Take left me wanting more. I wasn't even finished with chapter three when I got online and ordered the next two books in the series. If you haven't started reading the Soul Screamers yet I highly recommend it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIgn me up. I love the expression on the cover and the insides sounds great too.

Jaime Lester said...

I stopped this series after the third book because I couldn't handle those endings. I decided to wait until the final book was out, and now I am set for a marathon. It has been a long time since I read this one, but I still remember just how much I love the series, the story line and the characters. Can't wait to get to it and read every single book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...