• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Monday, October 22, 2012

{Review} Revived by Cat Patrick




Revived 
by Cat Patrick
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Pages: 326
Source: Purchased
Available as of July 2, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Fishpond
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



As romantic as Shiver...as intense as "Before I Fall". Revived is unmissable.

The world fades to nothing, and before I have the chance to think another thought...I'm dead.

My name is Daisy West and my whole life is a lie. I'm part of a programme to test a drug called Revive - a drug that brings people back from the dead. I have died five times. I've been Revived five times. With each revival comes a new name, a new town...a new life. But this time, I won't let myself die. This time, I've found a love that I can't let go of. This time, I'm going to make my life my own.



Rating:


My Review:
When I picked up Revived it was because I loved Forgotten and thought the story line sounded amazing. What I didn't expect was how engrossed I would become or how heavy an emotional weight this book would have. Cat Patrick did not disappoint. 

Daisy has been revived five times. The most recent was caused by a bee. She doesn't expect the move to bring with it a best friend and an unexpected relationship. All she has to do is stay alive...

I loved Daisy. She underwent such a huge change between the first and last pages. She began to see things differently and question whether the drug, Revive, was ethical or not. One little bee changed her life, for better, and she sees what she's missed by not making friends in her previous "lives." 

There were a few things I really like about this book. The first being that I thought of Final Destination when I began reading. I continued to think, for about half of the book, that if it's your time to die, got peacefully and let it happen. No need to screw with the fates. However, the further into it I got, the more I started wondering how ethical this drug really. I loved that I started questioning so many things from something as simple as a sentence or two on a page in a book. It was wonderful. The thing I loved most though was the epic twist that literally had me say "What?!" out loud and reread a page four times. I was in utter disbelief. 

Overall, Revived was an awesome book that questions ethics and makes you think. I highly recommend picking this one up. It will take you for one awesome ride!




3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Books that make you ask questions are always the best!

JennRenee said...

I am really excited about this book, I also loved Forgotten. great review.

Emily said...

Revived was one of my favorite books of the year...and of all time. I LOVED it. Her best book so far definitely. I loved Forgotten, but this one really set the Bar high!
Great review!
I can't wait for Cat Patrick's books The Originals I believe it's called.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...