• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, October 19, 2012

{Review} Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt



Chosen Ones 
by Tiffany Truitt
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing
Series: The Lost Souls (#1)
Pages:  400
Source:  Gift
Available as of June 12, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Fishpond
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



Life is bleak but uncomplicated for sixteen-year-old Tess, living in a not-too-distant future where the government, faced with humanity's extinction, created the Chosen Ones, artificial beings who are extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

When Tess begins work at Templeton, a Chosen Ones training facility, she meets James, and the attraction is immediate in its intensity, overwhelming in its danger. But there is more to Templeton than Tess ever knew. Can she stand against her oppressors, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?



Rating:


My Review:
Chosen Ones was one of my most anticipated new releases for 2012. Sadly, I wasn't able to finish it. After reading a few chapters, I was completely lost and had no idea what was going on. When I did understand the plot, I couldn't get into it. I was unable to connect with Tess, which made reading difficult. There was no urge to keep reading, no on-the-edge-of-my-seat excitement, and when it wasn't in my hand, I found an excuse not to pick it up. When I did pick it up I found the plot to be slow and not all that captivating. I did try to finish this novel, but after two weeks of trying I didn't have the heart to finish it. If you want to read Chosen Ones, I recommend borrowing it. 




5 comments:

JennRenee said...

So sad to hear this. I was really looking forward to this book. what a bummer. I will eventully still give it a try, but its nice to know I may not need to be in a hurry.

Elisabeth said...

:(

Annabelle Marie Veronica said...

That's too bad…I was really looking forward to this one. Oh well! They can't all be awesome.

Jaime Lester said...

I was seriously excited for this one, too. I did finish it, but it was nothing like the amazing read that I thought it would. Sorry that you had to DNF. :(

Ossie said...

Nice review

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...