• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wishlist & Waiting on Wednesday #32





Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper



Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber


Summary:
I was obsessed.

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.


Why it's on my wishlist...
To say the lease I'm intrigued by the summary.



What's on your wishlist?







Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

by Caela Carter
To Be Released on February 5, 2013

Summary:
When Evelyn decided to piss off her parents with a bad reputation, she wasn't planning to ruin her valedictorian status. She also wasn't planning to fall for Todd-the guy she was just using for sex. And she definitely wasn't planning on getting pregnant. When Todd turns his back on her, Evelyn's not sure where to go. Can a distant mother, a cheating father, an angry best friend, and a (thankfully) loving aunt with adopted daughters of her own help Evelyn make the heart-wrenching decisions that follow?




Why I'm waiting:  
This sounds like Juno and The Secret Life of the American Teenager so I'm wondering what the ending for Evelyn is going to be. I already pre-ordered it too!!


What are you waiting for?



13 comments:

Unknown said...

These both sounds really good. I'm off to check them out. Thanks for sharing them.

Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Kristin A. said...

I haven't heard of either of these. I'm definitely going to have to check out Darker Still it looks good.

My WoW

mk said...

I love you WOW pick! I had the book on a WOW post of mine a while back and I can't wait to read it. It sounds amazing. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
Come check out my WOW post.

Angie said...

Darker Still has been sitting on my shelf forever. I really need to read it soon!

I got Me, Him, It, and Them from NetGalley, so I'm definitely reading it really soon!

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to read Darker Still for awhile too. It looks like a great start to a series. Happy reading.

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

I admit I have Darker Still sitting on my bookshelf and haven't gotten to it yet. Story of my TBR pile's life, lol.

My WW:
http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-wishing-on-wednesday-perfect.html

Ula said...

Darker Still looks amazing, have to add it myself! Hope you get it soon.

My WW

Anonymous said...

Sounds kind of dark and creepy -- fun! I hope you get it soon!

Lisa
My WW

Synchronized Reading said...

I've been seeing Darker Still around for a while now, but I haven't decided if I want to buy it or not :) This sounds pretty awesome so I hope you get it soon!

Janina
My WW!

Unknown said...

Ooo these both sound interesting :)
Hope you read them soon!

http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-2.html

Unknown said...

I have seen this book around. Amazon keeps recommending it to me. I may have to give it a chance haha! Thanks for sharing and I hope you get it soon.
My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-31.html

Brittany @ Spare Time book blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Darker still sounds really interesting, I hope you like it :)
I'm a new follower

my WW

Shona

Miranda @ The Lonely Bookshelf said...

Darker Still sounded so good. But I couldn't connect with the MC so i dnfed it. Now it just sits on my shelf. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...