• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Saturday, January 26, 2013

{Review} Kiss Me by Jillian Dodd




Kiss Me
by Jillian Dodd
Series: The Keatyn Chronicles (#2)
Pages: 312
Source: Purchased
Available as of November 28, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble 


I've always written scripts for my perfect life.
But no way could I have ever scripted this.
My life is so far from perfect, it’s not even funny.
All because of a stalker.

I’m at a boarding school where I have to lie about who I am.
I can’t see my family.
I’m tutoring a Hottie God that tortures me with his smile.
The most popular girl already hates me.
But there’s this boy.
This hot, sweet, sexy boy.
So I’m going to stop trying to script my life and just live it.
Because who knows how long I have left.






This review may contain spoilers if you haven't read the first book in this series. 
You can find the other reviews at the following locations:


Kiss Me was just as, if not more exciting than Stalk Me. Jillian Dodd did a fantastic job describing the new world Keatyn has been forced into. And the boys? Yum!

Keatyn has been forced into a life of hiding, lying, and limited social media because Vincent is still after her. Her new life is harder than she thought. Lying all the time about her past is getting harder because the people she's grown to be friends with deserve the truth. To add to all of her problems, she has two guys after her. Who will she pick? The sweet guy who's not over his ex or the one labeled as a player who puts her in a trance anytime he's around...

I like Keatyn, I really do, but sometimes she just annoys the crap out of me. She's stuck in this love triangle/square and can't pick a guy. She's fun, outgoing, and all the guys love her for it. She lets loose, doesn't label anything, and just goes with the flow. Who wouldn't love that? However, it's her antics with the boys and her indecisiveness about which one she want's that made me rate this at three hearts.

I must say the best part of this book was the boy drama, but it got old after a while. Aiden and Dawson are two almost completely different guys who are battling it out for Keatyn's heart. I flip flopped a lot between the two while reading and I swear I switched teams like eight times. While the boy drama was entertaining, I felt the story was a little slow at times. Some scenes would drag while other were fast paced. I loved the descriptions Jillian had about each of the boys, the settings, and Keatyn's feelings.

Overall, Kiss Me was a good read. I wish we got to see more of Aiden, but he was off with a stick up his butt half the time. No matter Aiden's issues, I'm still excited for the third book, Date Me, to come out in the spring. This series is an awesome, light, fun read and I intend to read each and every one of the books.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...