• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wishlist & Waiting on Wednesday #31




Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper



Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel


Summary:
Love can never die.

Love conquers all, so they say. But can Cupid’s arrow pierce the hearts of the living and the dead—or rather, the undead? Can a proper young Victorian lady find true love in the arms of a dashing zombie?

The year is 2195. The place is New Victoria—a high-tech nation modeled on the manners, mores, and fashions of an antique era. A teenager in high society, Nora Dearly is far more interested in military history and her country’s political unrest than in tea parties and debutante balls. But after her beloved parents die, Nora is left at the mercy of her domineering aunt, a social-climbing spendthrift who has squandered the family fortune and now plans to marry her niece off for money. For Nora, no fate could be more horrible—until she’s nearly kidnapped by an army of walking corpses.

But fate is just getting started with Nora. Catapulted from her world of drawing-room civility, she’s suddenly gunning down ravenous zombies alongside mysterious black-clad commandos and confronting “The Laz,” a fatal virus that raises the dead—and hell along with them. Hardly ideal circumstances. Then Nora meets Bram Griswold, a young soldier who is brave, handsome, noble . . . and dead. But as is the case with the rest of his special undead unit, luck and modern science have enabled Bram to hold on to his mind, his manners, and his body parts. And when his bond of trust with Nora turns to tenderness, there’s no turning back. Eventually, they know, the disease will win, separating the star-crossed lovers forever. But until then, beating or not, their hearts will have what they desire.

In Dearly, Departed, romance meets walking-dead thriller, spawning a madly imaginative novel of rip-roaring adventure, spine-tingling suspense, and macabre comedy that forever redefines the concept of undying love.


Why it's on my wishlist...
I'm not a huge fan of zombies, but I've read a lot of really great reviews and now I kinda wanna read it.



What's on your wishlist?







Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

by Rochelle Maya Callen
To Be Released on February 4, 2013

Summary:
She is desperate to remember.
He is aching to forget.
Together, they are not broken.
But together, one may not survive.

​Jade wakes up with no memory of her past and blood on her hands.

Plagued by wicked thoughts, she searches for answers. Instead, she finds a boy who doesn't offer her answers, but hope. But sometimes, when nightmares turn into reality and death follows you everywhere, hope is not enough.

LUST. LOVE. LOSS. Sometimes, all that is left are Ashes and Ice.




Why I'm waiting:  
Sounds. Wicked.


What are you waiting for?



17 comments:

The Readdicts said...

I'm not a huge zombie fan either, but even I look forward to Dearly, departed!

As for Ashes & Ice, LOVE the title and LOVE the cover! I'm adding it to my TBR!

Hey, I'm also following your blog now!

Thanks for sharing and happy reading! :D

Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post.

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Synchronized Reading said...

OMG :) I loved Dearly Departed! I hope you enjoy it and get your hands on a copy!

Janina
My WW!

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I loved Dearly, Departed as well- it's not your typical zombie book- it's very quirky and sweet.. Hope you get to read it soon!

Divergent Gryffindor said...

Ashes & Ice! I'm also waiting for this one! It's on my TBR Pile! :D

What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
My Enormous TBR Pile

Anonymous said...

Ashes and Ice sounds amazing, and the main character has the same name as me which I call a good sign!

I didn't love Dearly, Departed but it's worth a read :D

New follower :)

My WOW this week

Unknown said...

Ashes & Ice was a WoW pick for me a few weeks ago. It sounds soooo awesome. Dearly Departed is great too. Nice picks.
New NetworkedBlogs follower

Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

Unknown said...

Dearly, Departed is on my wishlist too! It sounds so good!

Here's my Wishlist Wednesday!

Special Needs Mom said...

I haven't heard of that book.

My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

Ula said...

Both books look amazing, I love the covers so much!

Enjoy!
My WW

ellepaulette said...

Great picks and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Dearly Departed is also on my wish list :) and I haven't heard of your WoW pick before. I always like books that tackle the whole "losing your memory" concept! :)

WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Unknown said...

Interesting. Hope you get it!

My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-8_9.html?

mk said...

I like the sound of Ashes & Ice. I hadn't heard of this one before but I'd love to read it when it comes out. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Shelver506 said...

I ditto your entire post. Zombies aren't really my thing, but this book sounds pretty good!

My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-20.html

Krystianna said...

I had Ashes & Ice on my WoW a few weeks back. It sounds really amazing! I hope it doesn't disappoint. :D

I'm a new GFC follower!

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Amy said...

I loved Dearly, Departed but I had a hard time with Dearly, Beloved and ended up DNFing it. I do still highly recommend reading the first one though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...