• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Saturday, January 19, 2013

{Review} Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd




Stalk Me
by Jillian Dodd
Series: The Keatyn Chronicles (#1)
Pages: 326
Source: Purchased
Available as of September 1, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble 


Gossip girl meets Hollywood in this new series by That Boy author, Jillian Dodd.

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed of. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She’s popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most coveted lunch table.

She’s just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because really, things aren’t all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam.
Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to.
It’s exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And deep down, she isn’t sure if she has any true friends.

To add to the drama, her movie star mom’s long-time fan has turned stalker.
An older man is flirting with her and telling her they should make a movie together.
And she’s crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating a guy like him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony.
But little does she know, there’s someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn’t happen.






Never have I ever experienced a whirlwind of emotions for any book until I read Stalk Me. Jillian Dodd had me laughing hysterically, crying my eyes out, and overly giddy.

Keatyn isn't like most girls. Her mom is a famous movie star. Somehow she convinced her to let her attend public school and live a mostly normal teenage life.  A life that revolves around boys, clothes, and partying... until her moms life starts to impact hers and changes everything she's become accustomed to.

Wow! So many clothes, boys and parties. I'm kinda jealous. Keatyn is an intelligent, good-looking girl with the world at her disposal. She has a few rules to live by and friends that make her someone she doesn't like. They define her, but she wants to figure out who the real Keatyn is. Her world is a script she's editing and it never goes according to plan.

This story is awesome. Once I got past all the designer labels and found the heart of the story, I fell in love. I made guesses about the boys, her friends, and the stalker. However, the ending really surprised me. It was unexpected and abruptly came to a close, but set up nicely for the next book. I found myself crying on one page then flipped to read more only to find myself dying from laughter. I was an emotional wreck and felt a little bi-polar because of it.

Overall, Stalk Me was a fantastic read that left me pining over boys, wanting new clothes, and emotionally drained. It was fast paced and exciting. I highly recommend it if you want to read something like Gossip Girl.




3 comments:

Special Needs Mom said...

That was a great review. I read the book last year. Cute boys plus some drama. It was a great read.

caffeinejunkie said...

Cool review! I might have to check this out.:)

book queen said...

I`m definitely reading this one, I like funny and full of drama books :)
Thanks for the review, I`ve been wondering about this book since it was released.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...