• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Sunday, December 16, 2012

{Review} Independence by Shelly Crane


Before I start this review I just want to say a huge thank you to Shelly Crane for writing such an amazing series. The rights to her first book in this series, Significance, have been optioned for a movie which, as of December 16, 2012, is set to premier on February 14, 2014. I'm eagerly awaiting it.




Independence
by Shelly Crane
Series:  Significance (#4)
Publisher:  Shelly Crane
Pages:  206 nookbook pages
Source:  Self Purchased
Available as of December 16, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble



In the fourth and final installment, Maggie and Caleb must tie up all the loose ends of their lives and make a way to be together completely on their own. With everything that happened with Bish and Maggie's father, she's almost reluctant to move on and move out. And now she must figure out all of this...stuff...with Haddock. But of course, nothing can stay simple for the Jacobsons. Enemies who were thought to be dissolved have decided to not go down so easily. And old flames come calling for more than just Maggie. Caleb is torn between leading his family and personal wants. Maggie is torn between Caleb and being the leader of their people. But neither will let what they need most to be pushed to the wayside. They are determined to make it all work, design a plan toward destiny, and make everything right again for themselves and their family.

And then there's a wedding...





This review may contains spoilers if you haven't read the first three books in the series.

Independence was all I had hoped the ending of this truly amazing series would be and more. Shelly Crane dazzled us with Significance, Accordance, and Defiance, and I'm sad to see it end. However, I love the way she tied all the strings up into a nice bow. All my questions, worries, and hopes for Maggie and Caleb were answered. 

It's been a long time coming and the wedding is finally approaching. They have one thing standing in their way to happiness and the only way to ensure a bright future for their friends and family is to take out the obstacle, but first they have to find him.

I could gush about this book and series all day, but I don't want to give too much away. Independence starts right where Defiance left off on the roof of the palace in London. While reading I kept taking small breaks, delaying the end, counting pages and thinking of so many things that could happen. I was psyching myself out, but there was nothing to be afraid of. The ending was bittersweet and my eyes began watering with happy, content tears. 

There are so many things I love about this book: the wedding itself, the way Shelly described certain events of the honeymoon, and even the big ending. The pacing that lead from the palace to the wedding to the very last page was perfect. There was always something going on or a problem that needed to be solved. I felt that Maggie was more emotional in this book then she was in the rest, but she was still the strong, caring, protective person that we've come to love. Her wedding was exquisite and the depiction of the dress was to die for. The events that took place during the honeymoon that could have been explicit weren't. I'm so glad that she didn't switch the audience of this book to new adult because I think it would have tarnished the innocence that I've always associated with this series.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Shelly Crane concluded this series with grace and I can't wait to see it on the big screen. Here's to hoping there are more books from the Ace world in the future!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tienes los libros 3 y 4 de la saga de significado de shelly crane para leerlos en la computadora?

Jaime Lester said...

All that there is for me to say regarding this final book is.... Perfect Ending to a perfect story. Like you, I am glad that she kept the innocence of the series alive all the way to the end, when it would have been so easy to say " hey, their married now. They can do what the want". It was perfect for the way this story has gone from the get go. It really and truly was the perfect ending, and I look forward to reading more and more from this wonderful author. I will miss these wonderful characters, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...