• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, December 21, 2012

Best in Books 2012

The 2012 End of Year Book Survey is hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner

Best In Books 2012
Note: I did not repeat any books even though some would fit into multiple categories!
However, I did mention characters from books already mentioned.

1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Young Adult: Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
New Adult: Easy by Tammara Webber

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Wasn't a big fan of the main character.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Identical by Ellen Hopkins
Just because a huge shocking moment towards the end.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Significance by Shelly Crane
This entire series really.

5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
A lot!! To list a few:
Jessica Sorensen
Nyrae Dawn
J. Sterling
Trish Doller
Katie McGarry
Rachel Caine
Abbi Glines
Ellen Hopkins

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I haven't really read anything out of my comfort zone. I've started reading a lot of new adult books, but beyond that I haven't ventured into a new genre because I will read just about anything within young adult, and on occasion an adult book.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
I had a few of these but to make the list short...
YA Contemp: Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski
NA Contemp: The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen

9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire right before I read Walking Disaster.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Austin from Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Entangled by Cat Clarke

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
I'm not sure which book had the greatest, but there were a number of books that I will never forget for various reasons.
So, to list a few...
Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Crank by Ellen Hopkins

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
For what she'd asked him, in her real voice, a voice that only the heart could hear, was a simple question:

Have you ever once loved another human creature so much that her life was more precious to you than your own?

And his heart had replied in words just as plain:
"Yes," it said, and the power of it nearly blinded her.
   - Random Magic by Sasha Soren

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: Losing Elizabeth by Tanya J. Perterson
Longest: Glass by Ellen Hopkins

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending of Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 
Enough said.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
I have four favorites. I can't pick. So I love the relationship because...
How they met: Camryn & Andrew from The Edge of Never by JA Redmerski
Their background together: Ella & Micha from The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorenson
They took time to get to know each other: Callie & Kayden from The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
So swoonworthy: Echo & Noah from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously.
Independence by Shelly Crane

20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Looking back on everything I've read this year I can't pinpoint one book that I read SOLELY from the recommendation of someone else. Each of the books I read I had considered reading, whether I ended up reading it because of a recommendation is a different story.



Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
This being my first year of blogging I've found a ton of amazing blogs. I've come to be friends with some of the owners and I don't want to list them here because you guys will see them at the end of January when my One Year Blogoversary rolls around.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
I've written a lot of reviews this year and a decent chunk of those I haven't posted yet. Based off of what I have posted I would have to say my favorite review would be Entangled by Cat Clarke

3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I live in the most out of the way place ever. It's always too far to drive to events and with school, it's difficult. However, I must say that I absolutely LOVE being a part of The Book Buzzers. Each blogger on this team is amazing and I'm so happy that I'm getting to know each of them. I love watching their weekly videos and making my own. I've become comfortable doing vlogs and have found it easier to give presentations for school. All of these things combined make this the best thing I've done with my blog.

4. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I'm not going to include giveaway hops because that would be silly. So...
Most Views: Trapped by Michael Northrop

5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I can't pick just one. All my babies need equal love!

6. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I love that I can order UK/AUS books with free shipping. It's wonderful!!

7. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
YES! I completed my goals for 2012 Debut Authors, 2012 Completely Contemp, YA Contemp, and Goodreads.




1 comment:

Sana said...

Even though I read a lot of YA this year, I still didn't read that much apparently because I haven't read so many books on your lists. Ugh.

But I'm so glad that Shelly Crane books are awesome and yay, I also love the cover of Pushing the Limits.

Yay for your upcoming blogoversary! =D

Check out my End of Year Book Survey post.

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...