• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Class of 2012 YA Superlative Blogfest: Elements of Fiction


YA Superlative Blogfest is hosted by Words on Paper

After much contemplation, listed below are my picks for this years...



Most Formidable World (Or, the setting you most definitely would NOT want to travel to.)
Early Brakaland...Seriously, things trying to kill you when the sun goes down. Not. Cool.


Wanderlust-Inducing (Or, the setting you’d happily travel to.)
I would LOVE to be Echo!!!...even with all the drama she's gone through. Gotta love Noah.


Best First Line
"I loved being a burrito."


Most Jaw-Dropping Ending
If you've read, you know.


Best Use of Theme
This book really made me think about if I would be happy with my life if I died tomorrow.



Which books would you pick for the categories above?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!












10 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

Wow! I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I haven't read any of the books on your list. I've been aware of them, but now I think I'll just have to read them! :)

Margo Berendsen said...

I haven't heard of the Darklight before but what a cover!!! I might have to check it out.

Unknown said...

I've not read any of these books either. I've never even heard of NEVER EIGHTEEN before, but I definitely want to check it out now. I read the blurb, and it sounds fantastic. And, well, I adore the cover!

Mrs. Silverstein said...

Oh my gosh, I haven't read WELCOME CALLER, THIS IS CHLOE yet but that first line cracked me up! Can't wait to read it!

iffath said...

I've read only Pushing the Limits from your list, but all sound great! I've been meaning to read Never Eighteen for a while..must do that asap! Also, "I loved being a burrito" is fab!

Jessica Love said...

I knew CHLOE was going to be a riot when I read that first line. :-)

Stephanie Diaz said...

Man, I haven't even heard of any of these. Guess I'll have to check them out!

Stephanie Allen said...

I haven't even heard of some of these books! I'm going to go look them all up now :)

JennRenee said...

awesome post. I have every book on my tbr and have not read any of them. sad face!

Crystal said...

I'm another one that hasn't read/heard of any of the books on your list and I think it's great that I've come away from this blog fest with new titles to look into :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...