• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Thursday, December 20, 2012

{Review} The Edge of Never by JA Redmerski




The Edge of Never 
by JA Redmerski
Pages:  426
Source:  Won
Available as of November 13, 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?





No words can describe the intensity of the unadulterated love that formed between two complete strangers over a relatively short period of time in The Edge of Never. J.A. Redmerski wrote an astonishing story that will always be in my heart.

Camryn has had a rough love life. Her high school boyfriend died in a car accident. The next guy cheated on her. After all that who wouldn't give up on the possibility of love. Finally breaking, Cam decided to leave home and get on a bus with no final destination in mind. You could call it fate or coincidence, but the bus takes her to right where she belongs.

O.M.G. I laughed hysterically, balled like a baby, and wanted to punch a wall, but mostly I just wish I had a guy like Andrew in my life. Cam has promised herself to never love again, but with that she stopped living. Andrew has had an interesting hand dealt to him, but no one would ever be the wiser. He helps her let go and find herself even when she doesn't want to. I LOVED him.

I loved everything about this story. Both Camryn and Andrew found something in each other. Cam learned to live, let loose, and be herself. Andrew found a girl who challenged him. I love that they took their time. It wasn't one of those instant "OMG I Love You!" moments when they met. I love that we got some perspective from Andrew. From his point of view we learned that he was genuine, which considering they were on a bus for hours on end, helped me trust his intentions with Cam.

If you know me well then you know that I never read a summary before starting a book. At some point I do read it, but not immediately before starting. I had no idea what would happen. I knew that the story was too perfect, but I never expected the bomb that dropped. When it did, the waterworks began.

Overall, The Edge of Never warmed my heart, broke it, and put it back together. I became attached to both Cam and Andrew. Their story is one that should be read by all. If you are looking for something spicier than contemporary YA novels, look nor further!




2 comments:

D. said...

I'm fortunate to won this too! :)
I was very much in love with this book that it made me wonder too! :) I personally rate it with a 5, if ever I will make a review about it. I can't tell how much I was glued with the story. :)

Preet said...

I haven't read this book yet, but I really want to. Your review mentions how much it moved you and the gamut of emotions you experienced.

This is my entry for the Crazy, Stupid Love NA giveaway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...