• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #16




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine


This week I'm waiting for.....

Touched
by Corrine Jackson


To Be Released on November 27, 2012

Summary:
Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll be coming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.

This is Book One in the Touched trilogy.




Why I'm waiting:  
I just randomly stumbled across this one on Fishpond and thought the cover was gorgeous. Then I peeked at the summary and it sounds like it could be really good. That and it is also rated well on Goodreads. Needless to say, I have another book on my Must-Reads list.


What are you waiting for?

9 comments:

Neyra said...

I absolutely love the cover to Touched! >.< And it's on my radar as well! xD Lol Great pick this week Emily!

Neyra @ Darkest Addictions

Unknown said...

I'm waiting on this one as well! Sounds awesome and I love the idea that she can heal but sucks that then she has to take the injury she heals.
My WOW

Carmen Shaw said...

Ohlala!!! I have never heard of this book before until now and I am definitely interested! the cover is beautiful, classic, and totally goes with the summary! I would love to be a healer but probably wouldn't want to inherit the injuries at all so it definitely makes you conflicted... in a good way of course! Thank you for introducing me to this book :)

Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

Montana @ The Book Belles said...

Great choice! I also picked a book by Corrine Jackson :)

My WOW: http://thebookbelles.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-if-i-lie-by_24.html

C.J. said...

Love the cover too! The concept also sounds remarkably unique. So cool that she takes on the injuries of those she heals! I'm excited to see how that's done in the book. I just hope it doesn't become a Romeo-and-Juliet kind of thing.

C.J.
WOW at Sarcasm&Lemons

The Brunette Librarian said...

Everytime I see that cover I get excited :) Love it!

The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

ellepaulette said...

I want this book too!! Great pick!
Thanks for sharing,
Dani
Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

Jennifer said...

This cover is seriously awesome! I can't wait to read what's behind it either.

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26-etiquette-and.html

Sana said...

I like the sound of it and I am curious. Great pick!

Here's my WoW!

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...