• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature & Follow #12











Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  It is a great way to make new friends and gain followers.  

You can follow me via any of the following:
GFC, Linky, Networked Blogs
RSS or Email
Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads 
(all are located on the right sidebar)







This Weeks Question:
Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you 
were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

I loved reading 1984 by George Orwell for my AP English 11 class in high school.
It captured me from page one and it is one of my favorite books.
Loved it.



What's your favorite required read?


10 comments:

T said...

I never had 1984 as a book on a reading list - but I remember reading it for the first time myself, and I loved it. Great pick and happy friday!

My FF this week

Escapism Fanatic said...

I'm yet to come across this one.
New Follower. Follow back?

My FF

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

1984 was so good!!! That was one of my other favorites! Have a great weekend :)

Here's my FF!

Unknown said...

1984 is a classic. I would have hated having to write essays and exams about it though!

New Linky Follower :)
My FF

Unknown said...

I have had this one in my required reading. Maybe I should start reading all the classics I've missed...

Liza’s Feature Friday

Auggie said...

Every time I visit your page I get this huge smile on! I love love love your layout. So cute and quirky!

Hm. We weren't required to read 1984. Ours were more of "Their Eyes were Watching God" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" types.

My FF

365_books_a_year said...

1984 is a great book. I love that in the midst of all of the serious stuff, it's also a love story. Sort of. And, one of the best endings ever. Which I don't want to even hint at because it's a major spoiler. Have you read 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami? One of the best books I've read in the past 10 or so years. I read 1984 while reading 1Q84 and it was amazing.

New follower through GFC. My FF is here: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-7.html

TheReadingPenguin said...

Unfortunately I never got to read that one! Happy Friday! My FF

Christina said...

Terrific pick. I think this nicely segue-ways to the Dystopian YA's that I'm currently into!

New follower via GFC.

Ensconced in YA
http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I ever read 1984. I can't remember lol that is sad. We read Brave New World and I liked that one. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...