• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

{Review} Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Half-Blood
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Spencer Hill Press
Series:  Coventant (#1)
Pages:  281
Source:  Purchased
Available as of October 18, 2011
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.



Rating:



My Review:
I'm thrilled that I have found a new series that I could read over and over again. Jennifer L. Armentrout has written a wonderful start to a series that has, so far, made me laugh, cry, and get angry. There was action, romance, death, and surprising twists. If you haven't picked it up yet, you should really get on that.

After leaving the Covenant three years ago, Alex has to go back. Her mother is no longer able to take care of her and her money is dwindling. After being trapped in a building and attacked by daimons, she realizes that if she can't get out and get to a Covenant as fast as possible, she's as good as dead.

Describing Alex in one word would be difficult. If I had to pick one word though, it would be self-reliant. Overall, she is one of my favorite characters ever. It could be because she reminds me of myself, but she truly is a great person. She is funny, confrontational, stubborn, and most of all, impulsive. She doesn't take anyone's crap and when she feels like something is her fault, she feels guilty and needs to rectify the situation. 

I LOVED this book! Absolutely loved it. Everything about it screams amazing! I'm not saying that lightly either. Normally I can see a twist approaching a mile away. That wasn't the case. I was completely flabbergasted...TWICE. From the start, I didn't want to put Half-Blood down. I was so entranced in the story that time just slipped away.  The characters were well thought out and never deviated from what I felt they would do. I expected some certain events to happen, but other's I didn't think would, and I was giddy when they did. 

Writing this review has difficult because I want to *squee* and tell you everything that happened. It was that good. If you haven't read Half-Blood, you really need to do that as soon as you can. It was amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...