• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Mini-Review} Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Daimon
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Spencer Hill Press
Series:  Covenant (#0.5)
Pages:  62
Source:  Purchased
Available as of May 6, 2011
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
The Book Depository | Books-A-Million



For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards… and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her.




Rating:



My Review:
I had heard so many great things about this series and I figured I should try it out. Not knowing what exactly I was walking into, I read Daimon. I didn't want to write a review for this immediately after reading it because I can review a 62 page book in all of three sentences, so I went ahead and read Half-Blood before writing this and there was a lot more background information in Daimon that didn't really pertain to what you need to know when starting Half-Blood, but I'm glad I read it. We get a taste of who Alex's mother is and I think this is important for relating to and understanding Alex when the end of Half-Blood comes around. Is this worth taking a look at when you start reading the series? Definitely.


1 comment:

Michelle Chew said...

I have been meaning to start with the series. Daimon looks like a good book to start. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...