• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Monday, January 6, 2014

{Review} The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher



The Opportunist
by Tarryn Fisher
Series: Love Me With Lies (#1)
Publisher: Self Published
Source: Purchased
Available as of February 3, 2013 (first published Nov. 14, 2011)
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Olivia Kaspen is a sharp tongued manipulator used to always getting what she wants. With just one exception-Caleb Drake, the one she foolishly let slip away. After a chance encounter brings Caleb back into her life, Olivia finds herself wanting a second chance with her first love, and asking herself how far she is willing to go to get him back. Her only problem is a red head named Leah, Caleb's new love. Olivia must fight for what was once hers, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.

Overall Rating
 photo 5star_zps19236871.png

Review
The Opportunist has been on my radar for a long time now and I'm happy I finally got a chance to read it. I could go on and on about how much I loved this story, but I'll keep this relatively short...

I loved Olivia and quickly became attached to her because I can see some aspects of myself in her... like how I hate showing my emotions and letting my guard down because I hate being in a vulnerable position. She was manipulative and underhanded, but she did show some remorse each time she did something conniving. On the other hand we have Leah, the current love interest. I could not, for the life of me, stand her. She was as bitchy as they came and I'm not sure I would have treated her the same way Olivia did. The man of the hour, Caleb, came from money, but didn't flaunt it like he could have. He was very level-headed and gentlemanly.

This book is unputdownable. Yes, I did just make that up, but it really is the best word...er, non word?...to describe this book. I loved the story line and the flashbacks. While reading I could never completely pinpoint how it would end; I had an idea, but no solid 'I know what's going to happen!' and at times I questioned some of the small details. By the time I finished reading it was 5am and wayyy past my bedtime. I kept saying 'one more chapter' every time I got to a good stopping point, but carried on with my reading like any good bookworm would.

Overall, this book was a fantastic read and I'm looking forward to finishing the rest Dirty Red and starting Theif. If you haven't picked this series up yet, do so. I can guarantee you'll love it.


PostSIG

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...