• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Catching up!


Since January of 2011 I have read over 150 books with a kitty or two either on my lap or causing high jinx near by, especially the little boy shown here.  This is my two year old kitten named Tut Tut and does he ever want to play the moment I sit down and start a book.  Anyways, until recently, I never considered blogging reviews on books.  But after reading so many and finding that when I go back and reread them that they don't hold the same level of enjoyment for me as they did when they were new, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea.  That being said, I am going back and rereading my books (and taking notes this time around) so I can provide fellow readers with honest, understated, reviews.  I will still be reviewing the new releases that I have on my "Must Read or I Will Die" list as soon as humanly possible.

With rereading books I tend to find things that either annoy the crap out of me or details I missed the first time around.  For instance, I never realized how much some female characters annoy me with their non-stop banter about a guys looks.  It's like, "Okay, I get it, he is the hottest thing since that coffee I had this morning that burned all the way down my throat.  Can we please move on now?!"  This is the reason I could not go back and read The Twilight Saga a second time when I tried.  Loved it the first time around, second time not so much.  I don't think I made it past the halfway point in Twilight before I set it back down and said "Nope, not happening."  But on the flip side, I also saw all the small details that make the scene playing in my head ten times better.  This is especially true when I reread the Fallen series by Lauren Kate when Passion  was released.  I fell in love with the books and their characters all over again. 

Better get off of here and head to bed. 



P.S.  Aiming for 1/28/12 for my next book review to be published then no books until I get through my first set of exams next week!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...