• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Thursday, March 12, 2015

{Review} Blood Rule by Heather Hildenbrand


Blood Rule
by Heather Hildenbrand
Series: Dirty Blood (#4)
Source: Provided by Author
Available as of August 6, 2013
Amazon
Forty-six.
That’s how many hybrids survived the Hunter attack in the woods after I revived them with an injection of my blood. That’s how many followed me home to Frederick Falls. And that’s how many were now mentally linked to me through a blood bond.

Two days. Three valium. Fourteen hours of sleep.
That’s what it took to realize I wasn’t losing my mind as a result of the noise in my own head.

Sixteen.
That’s how many days have passed since I almost killed Alex. That’s how many days I’ve sat by his bedside, waiting for him to wake up. To ease the guilt, to understand his betrayal, to remember the exact shade of brown in his eyes.

Zero.
That’s my chances of skating by with Gordon Steppe and the Hunter Council. They want me for questioning. I’m afraid what’ll happen if I give them answers.

Overall Rating
 photo 5star_zps19236871.png
 
 
Note:
This review may contain spoilers if you haven't read...

Review
It has been some time since I posted a Dirty Blood review.... or any review for that matter. Since my training is finally slowing down I sent a message to Heather Hildenbrand asking if she needed more reviews for her Dirty Blood Series. Getting back into the story line wasn't difficult and I quickly found my way back into some of my favorite characters lives.

Alex is in a coma and Tara is anxiously awaiting his wake-up. Too bad Steepe is getting closer to having his way and she may not be able to stick around long enough to see him wake and ease her guilt. Little does she know that her world is about to tip on its axis.

As I stated before, it didn't take me long to get back into the story line, maybe a chapter or two. Remembering who the characters were and what role they played came back to me quickly even after a two year break from this series. Being able to fall right back into a storyline after so long away from it is a feat and I applaud Heather and her ease of doing this without repeating all the big detail or giving a brief summary of what happened in the prior book(s).

To say that I love Tara is an understatement because it is rare to find a strong female lead. She is the female who wants to jump right into the fight regardless of who is standing with her. Some may call this reckless (and it kinda is...), but at least she can be reasoned with. Wes, per usual, is willing to do anything for Tara. He's still insecure, but he wouldn't let her go anywhere without him regardless of what consequence he could face.

I think what I love most about this series is the camaraderie within Tara's pack/group of friends. Even when they don't always agree they still find a way to get from point a to point b. I love that Tara is finally realizing that she can do great things and that she needs her pack to succeed. In the prior books, she didn't want to hear her pack in her head, but now she is coming to terms with how her pack shapes her.

Overall, I'm extremely grateful for the time I found in my training schedule to get back to Heather's amazing werewolf series. Don't get lost in the sauce by reading this first. Go back to Dirty Blood and start from square one. If you enjoy paranormal werewolf storylines you'll most likely enjoy this series. After years of reading paranormal and getting burnt out on it I still look forward to the next book in this series.



PostSIG


FTC disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.

1 comment:

heatherhildenbrand said...

Thanks so much for reading!! I appreciate your time spent on me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...