• Splintered - AG HowardSplintered
  •  graceling - kristin cashore
  •  someone to love - addison moore
  •  breaking beautiful - jennifer shaw wolf
  •  the perfect game - j sterling
  •  the edge of never - ja redmerski
  •  independence - shelly crane

Thursday, July 25, 2013

{Review} Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire






Beautiful Disaster
by Jamie McGuire
Publisher: Atria Books 
Pages: 418
Source: Purchased
Available as of August 14, 2012
Read: October 2012
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.





After so many recommendations to read Beautiful Disaster, I finally got a chance to read it. Jamie McGuire captured my heart with this emotional roller coaster that ended in anything but a disaster. 

The school womanizer has his sights set on Abby, the girl who left home to escape her father. She didn't expect to find a guy who would change her world, a guy so much like the father she's running away from. Will she take a chance and see what happens or will she close herself off and push him away?

I've never read a novel so explosive, so intense, so mesmerizing. I was sucked in from page one and devoured the book like I hadn't eaten in weeks. The relationship between Abby and Travis is one to root for because there are so many outside influences affecting what they are to each other. They are magnetic and tend to sizzle when around each other. To say this book is not a light read is an understatement. Its heavy, has lots of drinking, and some sex, but that's to be expected of a new adult book. It kept me on the edge of my seat, turning page after page, dying to know how it would end. It was fast-paced and I loved every word written and every emotion it evoked. I found myself happy, miserable, elated and pissed off. 

Overall, Beautiful Disaster is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. Those who are fans of Tammara Webber's Between the Lines series, Easy and Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits are sure to enjoy this breathtaking read. I highly recommend this one!



1 comment:

Jessirae said...

You have been gushing about this book for like, ever! I have it but haven't had the time to get to it! I need to move it up to up on my TBR!! I love books that put you on an emotional rollercoaster! I'm excited to see where Abby and Travis' relationship go! Greaaaaat review, Emily!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...